Inside The Venue is a free guide and fact sheet of local sights in the city. The theaters that participate in this series do not pay to be part of it. This is a free resource provided to local businesses to help them market their name and use the Wichita By EB platform to expand their reach. If you would like to sponsor this feature, please email us.
Why choose the Sedgwick County Zoo
The Sedgwick County Zoo is a one-of-a-kind event venue in Wichita. With multiple rental spaces to choose from, we have places to create an atmosphere your guests will never forget. The Sedgwick County Zoo is a non-profit organization accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA). When you visit an AZA Zoo, you are supporting a facility dedicated to providing excellent animal care, a great experience for you, and a brighter future for all living things.
– Mariah Regier, group events coordinator
Site: 5555 W Zoo Blvd, Wichita, KS 67212
Contact details: 316-660-9453 – Email
Social networks / Web: Website – Facebook
- Seating Capacity: Our smallest outdoor site can accommodate 50. Our larger one can accommodate 320. We have additional space to add more seating in an open field attached to our larger site space.
- Opened in 1971
Food and Alcohol Policy
- Restaurant Policy: We have an exclusive on-site caterer at the zoo. We do not allow outside catering companies to operate inside the zoo for private events.
- Alcohol Policy: Our on-site caterer is fully licensed. All alcohol must be supplied and served by the zoo.
Parking is plentiful and free at the Zoo!
- Is it included in the price? Yes
- Is there covered parking? No
- Valet / VIP service available? No
Features / Amenities
- Tables and chairs: Each space in the room has a seating capacity. Tables and chairs for this capacity are included in the rental prices. Additional tables and chairs can be added for a fee ($ 10.50 / $ 1.25)
- Linens: Depending on the catering meal chosen, linens are included in the price. Our dinner and some lunch options include linens.
- Table decoration: No table decoration is included in the rental price. Groups are more than welcome to bring their own table setting. Since animal safety is our number 1 concern at the zoo, we have a few limitations on the decor allowed inside – all items must be secure (no items that can fly off), no balloons, no false flowers or seeds, and no open flames.
- A / V Equipment: Our indoor rental spaces, located inside the Cargill Learning Center, are equipped with an A / V projector, sound system, televisions and microphones. An outdoor area has a simple sound system which is included in the price – The Elephants Learning Lodge. For our interior spaces, AV is extra. We also offer an additional Bluetooth speaker for our outdoor events. It’s a popular item to add for corporate picnics that want to make announcements, have a game of bingo, etc.
- Access to the kitchen: there is no access to the kitchen provided
- Dance floor: Yes, there is plenty of room for a dance floor. Our Elephants Learning Lodge area is a popular location for wedding rentals. The uncovered patio area is a popular spot for a dance floor.
- Scene: Yes. The zoo also has a stage which is available for rental for events making an after hours rental. In some areas of the hall there is also space for moving stages.
- Wi-Fi access: Yes
- Security: The zoo provides security for all events outside of opening hours (after 5 p.m.). The security charge is $ 50 per hour.
SCZ will ensure the normal cleaning of the premises. Additional cleaning due to the User’s event activities will be charged and deducted from the User’s deposit. Fortunately, this rarely happened.
The Sedgwick County Zoo is open 364 days a year and events take place rain or shine. Due to high demand for reserved spaces at the Sedgwick County Zoo, we are unable to schedule reservations in advance for inclement weather or to postpone events. All canceled events will result in forfeiture of the deposit and a restocking fee will be applied to your final invoice for non-returnable food items.
For more Inside the Venue segments, visit our Inside the Venue archive.
If you are a venue owner, events or sales manager and would like to participate in this series, please email us at [emailÂ protected].
Did you like the article and want to help the continued free content of Wichita By EB? You can help keep our site running with a single, one-time or recurring donation. Your contribution is appreciated.