If you are just starting to think about Christmas gifts, then this article is for you! We break down what you need to consider when creating a successful corporate gift plan, including customizable worksheets that you can use right away. Who to give? What are the good gifts? How to stand out? Read on!
1. Create a game plan
The best way to navigate the season is to have a giveaway action plan that keeps all of your stakeholders on the same page by answering these key questions:
- Who do we send gifts to? Customers, employees, partners? Different groups require different timing, messages and gifts.
- Why are we sending them a gift? There are a myriad of reasons for giving gifts: to show appreciation, to deepen or build relationships, to increase sales, to encourage downtime, because it’s planned, etc. Spending a few minutes now thinking about the “why” will make the process easier for everyone.
- Budget. How much money should we spend on gifts? Don’t know how much to spend? According to a 2021 Coresight / GiftNow research study, most corporate donors spend between $ 75 and $ 100 per gift. This matches our experience in 2020. We also saw a high demand for customer gifts of $ 100-200, and our employee gifts averaged $ 150 / each.
- Hourly. When do we want the gifts to arrive? 2021 is fraught with supply chain issues resulting in longer delivery times, limited stocks and longer shipping times. As the holidays approach, lead times and availability will only get worse – it’s time to place your orders!
- Internal approvals. Who must approve gifts, card messages and / or payment?
- Payment deadline. If our accounting department needs to write a check or wire the payment, how much notice / time does it need? Is there anything we can do now to help speed up the to treat?
2. How to facilitate the selection of gifts
Choose the quality. According to 300 US companies that give gifts to companies surveyed as part of the Coresight study, 88% said product quality was their key criteria.
- Shop by theme. Do you have a corporate message, theme or sentiment that you would like to convey?
- Shop by values. What does your business support? Is it important to be environmentally friendly, sustainable, to support BIPOC, women, LGBTQIA or local businesses and products?
- Shop by interests. If you know the recipients interests, you can focus on the objects and experiences that they will enjoy.
3. Stand out with timing
Holidays are a busy time for receiving gifts. To stand out, download our calendar for recommended shipping dates to customers, partners, employees and entrepreneurs.
4. DIY vs Gifting partner
Size matters here! If you only need 10 gifts or less, it’s usually easier to find / buy gifts and have them shipped directly to your recipients. If you have tens, hundreds, or thousands of gifts to send, partnering with a gift company will save you time, money, and logistical headaches. Considerations when finding the right partner for gifts:
- Do they offer high quality gifts / experiences that match your themes, values and interests, and that stay within your budget?
- Do they offer Iinternational shipping to recipients outside of the United States?
- If needed, do they offer services like personalization, private landing pages to capture recipient mailing addresses, and package tracking?
Corporate gifts are a great way to show your appreciation to customers, partners, and employees. And with a little Planning, it can be fun to treat! No, really, it is possible! Download our free, customizable worksheets to help you with your planning, and when you’re ready for gift ideas, feel free to browse the GiftSuite Lookbook for modern gift boxes and specially designed holiday inspirations. 2021.